16 - 20 September 2024
About the workshop
Temps Mort— Exploring a slow, serial aesthetic.
This 5-day workshop will explore the formidable relationship between images and the emotive energy generated by the compounding of pictures that can inform a serial sequence. A sequence may align a narrative or non-narrative series of images to generate feeling in ways that defy reason.
We’ll be relying on intuitive resonance to connect with us deeply and intimately, invoking emotions beyond our conscious understanding. Through the restrained pacing of pictures, we’ll be encouraged to slow down, to linger in a space of related or repetitive imagery, to convey a sense of inexhaustible wonder, curiosity, astonishment, and the sensations sparked by this form immersion.
On a practical level, working this way will require participants to bring an expanded archive of images they might currently be exploring for either book or exhibition.
Participants will bring postcard sized prints for use in our workshop. Additionally, that you have access to “outliers” that can be stored as digital files on cloud services or portable drives.
We will be seeking methods to narrow the scope and dependence on subject-matter—to be less reliant on content and shift toward an exploration on the use of form to inspire a provocative space for the viewer, as well as space for introspection and contemplation.
With this practice as our foundation, we will widen to consider the elements of book design, sequencing and image layout. Additionally, up to 2 hours per day can be spent outside in our glorious setting, observing intimately and making pictures.
Open for applications
Early bird price
(price include vat, daily breakfast and 2 dinners)
A 50% deposit by bank transfer is required once you have been accepted in the workshop, (you will be notified by email) and the remaining 50% must be deposited 10 days before the submission deadline. Early bird admissions are limited and places will be sold in a first come basis.
In order to apply for a placement in the workshop, please send us a zip file with:
1) a short cv, 2) up to 10 images (jpg format, maximum size 1024p, 72dpi) and 3) a statement.
You can send them via email: email@example.com
please fill in the form below:
Terms and conditions
- There is a limited number of spaces on the workshop, the places will be sold on a first come basis.
- We reserve the right to cancel this event when we do not reach the minimum number of participants. In the unlikely event of cancellation, participants will be given at least 1-week advance notice and a full refund.
- If you decide to cancel for any reason, and notify us at least 40 days before the starting day of the workshop, we will reimburse all fees. After that time frame, you will lose your deposit.
- The workshop fee does not include transport, accommodation or ground expenses.
- Every participant has to bring it’s own equipment (camera and laptop).
Do you need more information?
We will be happy to assist you!
Subscribe for upcoming workshops and events