June 12-16, 2023
About the workshop
A WORLD YOU CAN BELIEVE IN
“What a wonderful world”, these are the famous words in Louis Armstrong’s song. What if your photographs could shift the world towards a more desirable direction? In this workshop, you will work around these thoughts and ideas. Danish documentary photographer Joakim Eskildsen, one of the most impactful photo artists of his generation, will endeavour to do just this with the participants during his five-day summer workshop on the island of Santorini.
You are encouraged to bring your past work (paper prints are appreciated, but digital form is also accepted), which will be reviewed during the workshop in an effort to highlight inner motives and enhance output. A small photographic task around the island, resulting a mini-exhibition, is also in store. Let alone Eskildsen’s invaluable way of putting things based on his dazzling hands-on experience.
Open for applications
Early bird price
All official regulations regarding the COVID-19 situation
will be taken into account.
In order to apply for a placement in the workshop, please send us a zip file with:
1) a short cv, 2) up to 10 images (jpg format, maximum size 1024p, 72dpi) and 3) a statement.
please fill in the form below:
Special features included in the price!
- We encourage participants to arrive one day prior to the workshop beginning as we are offering a welcome dinner with local delicious food and wine from our organic garden. It’s a perfect occasion to meet all and enjoy dinner during sunset time at our veranda.
- Breakfast and drinks are served during all days of the workshop.
- You are welcomed to pick up any veggies or fruit from our organic garden.
- A wonderful dinner is offered on the last day as a farewell to all the participants of the workshop.
Accommodation and practical information
- We will be delighted to accommodate you at our Residence, please visit our website: www.thepalmtreeresidence.com
- As our Residence cannot accommodate all participants, we encourage you to make your booking on time. A list of recommended hotels and rent rooms for different budgets located close to the workshop will be provided too.
- Information for places to eat and drink within the village area will be given as well as local buses time tables, taxis, rent a car or scooter services, transportation from and to airport and harbor of Santorini, etc. We are here to make to provide you with all the necessary tips and facilities so please don’t hesitate to contact us for further requests.
Terms and conditions
- There is a limited number of spaces on the workshop, the places will be sold on a first come basis.
- We reserve the right to cancel this event when we do not reach the minimum number of participants. In the unlikely event of cancellation, participants will be given at least 1-week advance notice and a full refund.
- If you decide to cancel for any reason, and notify us at least 40 days before the starting day of the workshop, we will reimburse all fees. After that time frame, you will lose your deposit.
- The workshop fee does not include transport, accommodation or ground expenses.
- Every participant has to bring it’s own equipment (camera and laptop).
Do you need more information?
We will be happy to assist you!
Subscribe for upcoming workshops and events