September 4-8, 2023
About the workshop
PHOTOGRAPHY BETWEEN EXHIBITION AND PUBLICATION
Photography is unusual among the arts in that it belongs equally to pages, walls and screens. In doing so, it can disturb the hierarchies of culture, crossing platforms, producing hybrid modes of communication and experience. Today, it is commonplace for photographers’ projects to exist in many modes at once – exhibition, publication, website, magazine feature, public lecture and more.
As a curator of exhibitions, a writer, and an editor, David Campany has a wealth of experience moving between different registers and contexts of the photographic image. In this five-day workshop, structured as a series of illustrated talks, discussions and workshops, David takes you through his own practice and approach, while highlighting keys examples from photography’s rich past and present.
Between Exhibition and Publication will appeal to artists, photographers, writers and curators, allowing for a mix of perspectives from participants with different backgrounds.
Open for applications
Early bird price
All official regulations regarding the COVID-19 situation
will be taken into account.
In order to apply for a placement in the workshop, please send us a zip file with:
1) a short cv, 2) up to 10 images (jpg format, maximum size 1024p, 72dpi) and 3) a statement.
You can send them via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
please fill in the form below:
Special features included in the price!
- We encourage participants to arrive one day prior to the workshop beginning as we are offering a welcome dinner with local delicious food and wine from our organic garden. It’s a perfect occasion to meet all and enjoy dinner during sunset time at our veranda.
- Breakfast and drinks are served during all days of the workshop.
- You are welcomed to pick up any veggies or fruit from our organic garden.
- A wonderful dinner is offered on the last day as a farewell to all the participants of the workshop.
Accommodation and practical information
- We will be delighted to accommodate you at our Residence, please visit our website: www.thepalmtreeresidence.com
- As our Residence cannot accommodate all participants, we encourage you to make your booking on time. A list of recommended hotels and rent rooms for different budgets located close to the workshop will be provided too.
- Information for places to eat and drink within the village area will be given as well as local buses time tables, taxis, rent a car or scooter services, transportation from and to airport and harbor of Santorini, etc. We are here to make to provide you with all the necessary tips and facilities so please don’t hesitate to contact us for further requests.
Terms and conditions
- There is a limited number of spaces on the workshop, the places will be sold on a first come basis.
- We reserve the right to cancel this event when we do not reach the minimum number of participants. In the unlikely event of cancellation, participants will be given at least 1-week advance notice and a full refund.
- If you decide to cancel for any reason, and notify us at least 40 days before the starting day of the workshop, we will reimburse all fees. After that time frame, you will lose your deposit.
- The workshop fee does not include transport, accommodation or ground expenses.
- Every participant has to bring it’s own equipment (camera and laptop).
Do you need more information?
We will be happy to assist you!
Subscribe for upcoming workshops and events