12 - 14 April 2024
About the workshop
ATHENS WORKSHOP // NEW
What it takes: Turn your photography project into a book
This three-day workshop will offer in-depth insights into the publishing industry in order to enable passionate photographers to find the adequate path for publishing their photo book. Participating photographers will get the chance to present their personal projects, receiving critique and guidance in regards to edit and sequencing by the instructor and the group.
The workshop will also highlight design and material choices that will turn a photo project into a publication that will reflect and enhance the individual project’s core message.
Participants will be inspired by publications which will be on display during the workshop.
In addition, participants are encouraged to bring along their favorite photo book in order to discuss & analyze it with the group.
While different publishing models will be evaluated, options for financing a photo book will be considered as well. Moreover, attention will be drawn to the importance of networking & building an audience for your work, as well as to PR- and marketing in terms of a book’s success.
Open for applications
Early bird price
In order to apply for a placement in the workshop, please send us a zip file with:
1) a short cv, 2) up to 10 images (jpg format, maximum size 1024p, 72dpi) and 3) a statement.
You can send them via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
please fill in the form below:
Terms and conditions
- There is a limited number of spaces on the workshop, the places will be sold on a first come basis.
- We reserve the right to cancel this event when we do not reach the minimum number of participants. In the unlikely event of cancellation, participants will be given at least 1-week advance notice and a full refund.
- If you decide to cancel for any reason, and notify us at least 40 days before the starting day of the workshop, we will reimburse all fees. After that time frame, you will lose your deposit.
- The workshop fee does not include transport, accommodation or ground expenses.
- Every participant has to bring it’s own equipment (camera and laptop).
Do you need more information?
We will be happy to assist you!
Subscribe for upcoming workshops and events